Maximize your time tutoring chemistry rather than drawing! ChemDraw for iPad, an App that easily allows you and your students to draw and share chemical structures quickly.
The App receives a four star rating from users with the need for an annotation text box being the overwhelming comment for the ChemDraw developers.
In a recent article assistant chemistry professor at The University of Illinois-Springfield, by
Walking through my chemistry classroom after introducing the ChemDraw app to students this summer shows how much the app has positively impacted the learning experience of my class. Instead of staring off into the distance while they wait for me to share the correct answers with them, students now hasten to work out the problems and submit their answers directly to me.
This is an exciting time to be an educator–mobile learning is changing the way we are teaching our students, and it offers a way to present material to students on a platform they are comfortable with using. As the summer semester winds down, I’m eager to see how the implementation of the ChemDraw app impacts my students’ overall performance throughout the course of the class, and to identify ways I can further integrate the app into my future lesson plans.
Use ChemDraw® for iPad to create, edit and share publication-quality chemical structures with just the touch of a finger, based on the world’s most popular chemical drawing software, ChemDraw®. Available for a limited time at the introductory price of $9.99.
- • Leverages 25 years of proven chemical intelligence and attention to detail in ChemDraw desktop software
- • Creates publication-ready structures
- • Liberates scientists with ability to create and capture ideas whenever, wherever
- • Features revolutionary Flick-to-Share™ technology to flick chemical drawings to other app users within your network; no multi-step emailing or cloud storage services
- Create chemically accurate, publication-quality structures and reactions
- – pre-drawn rings
- – bonds
- – functional groups
- – charges, radicals
- – arrows
- – shapes
- – stereochemistry
- Arrange and adjust diagrams
- – scaling and moving gestures
- – lassos
- – automatic clean-up
- – structure checking
- – color selection
- Save your diagrams as CDXML files
- Share with Flick-to-Share™ for mobile-to-mobile collaboration; import (CDXML and molfiles) and export (CDXML) files from iTunes or using email.