Wow, May is a busy month. If you are looking for a specific reason to run a promotional campaign for the month of May there is no shortage of ideas. During May we have the marketing gift of ‘Children’s Book Week’. All Tutoring Providers really should be promoting this event. If you don’t offer Language Arts and Reading maybe something else here will fit with your individual marketing campaign.
Think how you could use one of the following to run a promotion for your existing products or perhaps run an open day, workshop or promotional extra to raise general awareness of your business. – As I always say customers can come from anywhere!
I was sorely tempted to plump for Mother’s Day being as I am one but my pick for May 2012 is Number 11, ‘Children’s Book Week‘.
Well it had to be really, didn’t it? I would arrange a book swap at my tutoring location or perhaps team up with a local Boys and Girls Club or the local Y. You would need to have a stash of books that were donated in advance and then arrange a swap.
You could generate interest in the event with door tickets to receive some free reading tutoring. Don’t forget to write a press release for the event, notify local schools and organizations to circulate the information and lastly, invite all of your existing customers and ask them to bring a friend.
There are many more than listed here; I have listed 25 events that may be used as a promotion for tutoring, coaching and therapy.
1. Bicycle Safety Month.
2. Substitute Teacher Appreciation Week: First week in May.
3. Better Hearing and Speech Month.
4. School Principal’s Day: May 1st.
5. Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.
6. Child Nutrition Employee Appreciation Week: First week in May.
7. National Teen Self-Esteem Month.
8. National Pet Week: First Week in May.
9. Haitian Heritage Month.
10. National Charter Schools Month.
11. Children’s Book Week: First Week in May.
12. National Bike Month.
13. Get Caught Reading Month.
14. Family Wellness Month.
15. National Stuttering Awareness Week: Second Week in May.
16. National Safe Kids Week: First Week in May.
17. Teachers Appreciation Day: May 3rd.
18. National Physical Fitness and Sports Month.
19. Cinco de Mayo: May 5th.
20. Memorial Day: Last Monday in May.
21. Food Allergy Awareness Week: Second Week in May.
22. Mother’s Day: Second Sunday in May.
23. World No Tobacco Day: May 31st.
24. National Police Week: May 13th to May 19th.
25. National Running and Fitness Week: Second Week in May.
If I’ve missed any important ones or you have additional ideas please post them in the comments section below![divider top=”1″]