NEW YORK CITY RELEASES STUDENT LISTS FOR EXTENDED LEARNING TIME
For more information visit the NYC DOE website page for ELT
NEW YORK WAIVER – FLEXIBILITY REQUEST
ESEA Flexibility Request (February 28, 2012) [PDF, 8.9MB] – Can be slow to download.
Peer Panel Notes March 26-30, 2012.
Highlights of NY’s Request May 29, 2012. PDF 176KB
Approved ESEA Flexibility Request May 29, 2012. 23.7MB
NEW YORK WAIVER – LETTERS TO STATE
ED Letter Regarding Peer Review Feedback (April 17, 2012) [PDF, 529KB]
Secretary’s Approval Letter (May 29, 2012) [MS Word, 75KB]
Implementation Letter June 29, 2012. PDF 98 KB
NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Power Point of Statewide Webinar on School Choice and Supplemental Education Services, June 29, 2012.
- SES No longer a requirement and no set-aside amount requirement.
- Districts may opt to continue SES.
- Districts choose SES providers (minimum of two per grade requiring
- If continuing SES option, parent notification requirements, SES PPA
- calculation methods, student eligibility, SES provider eligibility, access to
- school facilities by SES providers and when services are to be provided
- remain the same.
NEW YORK CITY DOE
8.8.12 Tutoring will continue in NYC for the 12-13 school year. Letter to NYC SES providers dated August 1st, 2012.