Passed to The Tutor Report by Kevin Organisciak,President & Founder, Test Prep & Tutoring Professionals Consulting.
Based on a wealth of evidence about essential prerequisites for student success in post secondary education, the redesigned sat requires students to:
- read, analyze, and use reasoning to comprehend challenging literary and informational texts, including texts on science and history/social studies topics, to demonstrate and expand their knowledge and understanding;
- revise and edit extended texts across a range of academic and career-related subjects for expression of ideas and to show facility with a core set of grammar, usage, and punctuation conventions;
- show command of a focused but powerful set of knowledge, skills, and understandings in math and apply that ability to solve problems situated in science, social studies, and career-related contexts;
- make careful and considered use of evidence as they read and write;
- demonstrate skill in analyzing data, including data represented graphically in tables, graphs, charts, and the like, in reading, writing, and math contexts; and
- reveal an understanding of relevant words in context and how word choice helps shape meaning and tone.
The result is a profoundly meaningful assessment that is thoroughly transparent and aligned to critical high school outcomes and best instructional practices.
Oases Online scheduling and data management software is perfect for managing tutoring and test prep sessions.
Manage students, staff, testing, billing and payroll.