By Jason Robbins, CEO of ePromos Promotional Products
The most important thing you can do for your tutoring company is to develop a high-impact, focused marketing strategy. A “spray and pray” approach doesn’t work. Your resources will be spread too thin, and your marketing won’t be effective.
Instead, try these tactics to engage your customers, and gain and maintain that ever-important top-of-mind brand awareness.
- Focus your marketing on your unique value proposition. What makes you different from other tutoring businesses?
- Highlight how you provide a value for your audience. You want to avoid always shouting about your business. It just becomes noise.
- Customize your marketing to the specific needs and interests of each customer segment. Not everyone is looking for the same things.
- Hone in on your company’s unique strengths. What kind of benefits can you deliver that customers will pay for?
- Concentrate your marketing on a different audience segment every few months. Don’t forget t0 measure your results and adapt your approach to what works best.
- Supplement sales by up-selling and cross-selling. Make sure customers know about all the services your tutoring business offers.
- Brand your business with a distinctive logo and use it in all your marketing materials: promotional products, business cards, website, social media.
- Reward word-of-mouth referrals with a special offer or promotional giveaway. When customers do something nice for you, reciprocate.
- Continually seek ways to make your customers’ experiences better. Be professional and sincere at each customer touch point, and always follow through on your brand promise.
- Prove your expertise in the tutoring arena. Write articles, engage in social media, conduct research or surveys, and then publish the results. Become an expert.
When you commit to high-impact marketing, you’ll reap the rewards of top-of-mind awareness and customers who keep coming back. Give these marketing activities a go to start seeing the results you want.