Waiver Renewed July 23rd, 2015 for a period of 3 years expiring at the end of the 2017-2018 school year. Please view Letters to State section for renewal acceptance letter.
ALASKA WAIVER – ESEA FLEXIBILITY REQUEST
ESEA Flexibility Request, September 6, 2012.PDF, 32MB
Peer Panel Notes October 2012
Highlights of Alaska’s Request May 20th, 2013
LETTERS TO STATE
AMO Waiver Approval May 31, 2012. PDF 287 KB
Secretary’s Approval Letter May 20th, 2013
2015 3 Year Renewal Acceptance Letter July 23, 2015
ALASKA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
SES Provider RFA for the 13/14 school year. Application Deadline February 22, 2013.
Approved provider list for 2012-2013 school year has been released.
Alaska’s Education Commissioner announced June 11th, 2012 that, ‘State officials are taking the steps necessary to file a waiver request by a September deadline for a new round of applications’.
Prior to submitting their ‘third round’ application for waiver from NCLB in September of this year, Alaska has posted a draft of the application on their website and have asked for interested parties to submit comments and feedback by August 21, 2012.
You can link to the comments form here.
Power point presentations produced by Alaska Department of Education and Early Development:
- ESEA Flexibility Waiver Requirements Overview (powerpoint)
- Key Elements of AK Waiver Principle 1 – Standards & Assessments (powerpoint)
- Key Elements of AK Waiver Principle 2 – Accountability & Support (powerpoint)
- Key Elements of AK Waiver Principle 3 – Teacher/Educator Quality & Support (powerpoint)
A webinar to be conducted on various dates will be presented to explain the waiver proposal and to invite stakeholder input into the draft proposal. The first webinar is today!
Click on the link next to the date and time to join a specific webinar online. You may participate by audio only by calling 1-800-315-6338 and entering passcode 2970#.
- Monday, August 13, 2:00 – 3:30 PM (link: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2010175&password=M.227641196DBD9879D51290CFC48F29
- Wednesday, August 15, 3:00 – 4:30 PM (link: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2010175&password=M.08D5F2A34519F748BDFC03C31B486D
- Thursday, August 16, 3:00 – 4:30 PM (link: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2010175&password=M.7552BCF66C4F893408D2B17A88D9A